Part#7. How I found my passion and started an online business.
The practical side of it and…
#truestory #onlinebusiness #findyourpassion #followyourdream
Hello, my Friend!
Today I continue my blog posts series about how I found my passion and started an online business a side hustle that enabled me to open an amazing world of online marketing with endless opportunities.
Today is all about the practical side of it and what really needs to be done to get started.
First of all, you need to learn skills.
Nothing different from starting a new job.
If you get a new job you would have to go through the induction process and set of training, that will explain to you the basic process and procedures, so you can do your job and know where to go in case of emergency.
The same is here.
You need to find a course (there are plenty out there) and start learning the basics of digital marketing.
When I first started, I experienced excitement mixed with scepticism.
Yes, I was very sceptical about it as I couldn’t believe that I am able to change my life after trying so many different things and projects, changing jobs, industries and even countries, as I thought that something is wrong with me.
And yes, I was right. There was something wrong!
I didn’t know my values therefor I was missing the foundation for a proper decision-making process.
Whenever I had to make an important decision in my life, like, to change a job, I didn’t make it based on time, financial, geographical freedom values that I have. And I always was losing at the end because of it.
I’ve already shared a story with you that a long time ago I went through the interview process that made me think that all I need to succeed in my life is to make a career in a big corporation and this would lead me to success as I’ve seen it.
(Check my blog about 14-years long mistake here).
So, my scepticism was based on painful failures that I have experienced throughout my life.
I remember it took me few weeks to actually start to recognise a tremendous number of opportunities that online business can offer.
Opportunities like low entry-level cost.
You can start to learn the skills as much as a cost of a dinner!
Well, let’s be clear, it doesn’t mean that this will be the only investment you have to make to set up your online business.
If you are serious about making money, you should be as serious about investing money into the process.
But the point is – you don’t need to make a 5-6 figure investment to start, as you can actually start with a few hundred dollars to set up your website, funnels and even start running paid ads.
Everyone can afford this budget!
Of course, if you are willing to put in a lot of work in this process and get all of it done by yourself, which means that you need to invest your time, energy and be extremely committed to the process, which 95% of people don’t do and therefore fail.
Let’s have a look at what is the basic cost involved to start an affiliate business for example:
- Website domain name – $20-40 @year;
- Gmail for business – $8-10 @month;
- Aweber email list for free until you get 1000 subscribers in your list;
- One of payment or monthly subscription for the training course (depends on the course of your choice);
- Funnel – depends on what you chose, but the good ones will cost you around $100 per @months;
- Paid ad – you can always start with $100-200 to see what works, what doesn’t.
And this is it?
Of course, no!
There are basic marketing skills that you need to learn to get started:
- Find a product or service that you want to sell/promote if you want to be an affiliate.
- Find a physical product that you want to sell if you want to sell a physical product online.
- Find your niche, sub-niche, sub-sub niche to narrow it down as much as you can.
- Find out who is your ideal customer avatar.
- Learn how to market your message.
- Create a lead magnet for your customer avatar.
- Learn how to create value with your content and deliver it consistently to grow your email list of subscribers.
- Learn different marketing strategies.
There are basic technical skills you need to learn to get started:
- Build your website – not a rocket since nowadays, but you need to spend some time learning this;
- Build landing pages, thank you pages, lead capture pages etc.
- Create content for all of these.
- Set up funnels.
- Set up analytics and tags
- Learn how to create ads (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tok-Tok etc.).
- Learn how to track these ads to understand what works, what doesn’t.
- Learn how to shoot and edit video (comes with learning about equipment, lights and tones of other things).
- Oh, yes, maybe equipment such as cameras, but not necessary in the beginning.
These are only basics that you need to set up, learn, try, fail, adjust, and try again to get started.
Each and every single one of these points can be outsourced, which can cost you from a little to a lot of money, but also, everything of it can be learned as you go with proper guidance and support.
Well, you can also combine and do a bit of both – outsourcing and learning as you progress.
I personally prefer this way as it speeds up the process.
Now, the question is why?
WHY Online Business?
There are my main WHYs for online business models:
- As was mentioned before – you can start with very little investment and slowly or fast, depends on your work ethic, build your way up.
- You can do it around your passion, which will motivate you to keep going and make the learning process more fun.
- You can dedicate as much time as you want – traditional business models will unlikely allow you to do so, there you whether fully in or out.
- It is hugely scalable – as soon as you learn a skill how to marketing your message and put it in front of people who need/looking for a product/service you offer, you have no limitation and can do it all around the globe! None of the traditional business models will allow you to do so. You can’t scale up a coffee shop or bakery the same way.
- You don’t have to be a Tech Wizard to do it. Everyone can learn how to build a website and set up an online marketing system. But it will require time and commitment.
- The last, but very important – you don’t need a team of people who you will rely on to get the job done. You can start it on your own or with your partner if you have one.
I actually started my online venture in a partnership with my wife and this was a part of our goal and strategy towards strengthening our relationship by doing something meaningful for both of us.
Having a common goal plays a very important part in our relationship and we have a lot of fun doing it together, not to mention that it is way easier to have such a level of help and support.
So, if you ever thought about starting your own business, I would encourage you to have a look at online business models, not traditional ones.
I know that in our Digital Era people suffer from the overload of information and as soon as you start typing “online business models” in Google or YouTube, you get overwhelmed and feel lost amongst all “gurus”, ads, ideas and “get-rich-quick” schemes that will pop up onto your screen.
And this can be very discouraging and demotivating, which is not what you probably want to achieve.
Knowing this, I am more than happy to give you access to a free video series that will step-by-step explain to you:
- what online business models you can choose to start;
- what is the cost involved in running an online business;
- what skills do you need to have or learn to start an online business from scratch;
- …and a special bonus!!!
So, if you are interested in starting your business, click the link below and it will get you to my website page (which was built by my wife, by the way) where you can leave your name and email address which will enable me to send you the free video series.
Click the below link if you want to know more.